The system of ultra-high purification of hydrogen is designed for maintenance of predefined purity of hydrogen in a time projection chamber (TPC) for mu-capture experiment at PSI. Currently the system is being installed in PSI.
Main parameters of the system are following:
- working pressure: 10 bar;
- volume of circulation: 1-5 standard liters of pure H2 per minute;
- maximal combined concentration of contaminants: 10-2 ppm.
The system consists of three independent parts:
- cryo adsorbtion compressor (Compressor);
- adsorption purification unit (Filters);
- buffer (reserve) volume.
The system has to provide a stable purity and pressure in TPC in fully automatic mode during an entire collider run (up to 2 month) without an intermediate disassembling. Initial purity of hydrogen is provided by special conditions of its production.